The weather has turned gray, rainy and typical of a Portland spring and I want Delicata squash. I have a serious crush on that vegetable and I’m counting down the weeks until I can have it back in my cooking pans. I want to try reuse my leftovers this week in more dinners so I hope you enjoy this weeks Paleo Meal Plan.
“Super Slow Roasted Rosemary Crusted Chuck Steak” by Shannon Hayes in The Grassfed Gourmet with steamed asparagus. Note – I do let the meat rest and then I just throw it in the crock pot on the lowest setting for 4 hours.
- Garlic-Rosemary Rub
- 2 tbsp of dried rosemary
- 1½tbsp of course salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 chuck roast, 2½ pounds
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Rub Garlic-Rosemary rub in the chuck. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, and let rest at room temperature for 30 - 60 minutes.
- Roast the meat in a shallow pan for 30 minutes then lower to 170.
- Continue to roast for 4 to 6 hours, or until internal meat thermometer registers 120 degrees to 125 degrees.
- Allow the meat to rest, tented loosely with foil for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Take the left over chuck steak and make Steak sandwiches using grilled Portobello mushrooms as buns. Enjoy with a salad.
Paleo Meatloaf with mashed sweet potatoes
Take the left over meat loaf and cut it into pieces and place in a pie dish. Throw in some diced carrots, peas and celery. Make this easy Paleo gravy and pour over the dish. Cover with mashed cauliflower (or mashed sweet potatoes if you have some left over) and bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
Maple Mustard Glazed chicken with garlicy rainbow chard.
Take the left over chicken and make a Cobb Salad
I hope find a new favorite from this weeks meal plan.