I was rushed when I took this pictures. Â Mr. Bejelly and the Little were literally breathing down my neck grumbling about needed to have theÂ flat breadÂ to accompany our dinner ofÂ caramelizedÂ onions, bratwurst and peas. Â I’m not kidding either. Â They started to eat and then put their dishes away until I gave them the ok toÂ destroyÂ the batch I made.
I was trying Â for a PaleoÂ tortillaÂ recipe and this is Primal Parmesan Flatbread is pretty close but it’s not flexible and it’s much thicker so hence, it’sÂ flatbreadÂ Â It would still pair well withÂ MexicanÂ foods as well as act as Â nice bread for breakfast, an open-facedÂ sandwichÂ and more.
- In your blender or food processor, grind the Plantain Chips
- In a small bowl add your Plantain flour, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and blend well.
- Add in the water, eggs ad 1 tbsp of the melted butter. Mix until you have a dough. I did knead it to speed up the process.
- In a fry pan add the 2 tbsp of melted butter and heat to medium low.
- Pinch a walnut size piece of dough and press it between two sheets of parchment paper. I used a small plate to help me press the dough to roughly a quarter inch thick.
- Flip the dough from the parchment paper into the fry pan and cook for 3 - 5 minutes on one side and flip and repeat. I was able to cook 4 at a time.
- Remove from the pan when the bread is brown and enjoy!
Â© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.