Ok, I’m going to be honest. When I started to create this recipe following the principles of the 21 Day Sugar Detox, I thought it was going to suck. I know. Also, I’m not huge into pumpkin. However, I realize now that I love pumpkin when it’s fresh roasted. Lord, what a difference in flavor. The flavor difference is similar to eating a tomato fresh from the garden and one you can buy from the grocery store in the middle of winter. Even my husband ate a couple of handfuls, which shocked me to the core, since he hates pumpkin.
Anyhow, this Pumpkin Granola recipe is super simple and is nut-free and vegan to boot. If you’d like to kick up the sweetness I recommend adding 1/4 cup of honey or maple syrup.
- Place the pumpkin puree, vanilla, salt, melted coconut oil and pumpkin spice in a bowl and mix.
- Then add in the sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and coconut shreds and blend until well coated.
- Pour this onto a baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 -15 minutes.
- Let sit out for 30 minutes and enjoy!
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.