If you just said “No, she did not just put chocolate sauce all over those Paleo chocolate waffles.” Yes. Yes, I did.
Even though these are waffles, this is a dessert ya’ll. They’re perfect for something a little bit different for Valentines Day when the standard chocolate covered strawberries sound boring or you just need to get down on some chocolate goodness. These are waffles are HUGE so expect to share (or not if you so choose). I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
- 1 cup applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 cup Superfine Blanched Almond Flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp cocao powder
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of dark chocolate chips
- Combine all the ingredients for the waffles in a large mixing bowl and blend until well combined.
- Turn on your waffle maker to high
- Pour ¾ cup into your waffle maker and cook for 4 - 5 minutes. Remove and Repeat.
- For the Chocolate Sauce place the coconut oil and dark chocolate chips in a small sauce pan and on low and melt the chocolate. Whisk to combine and pour over the waffles.
© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.