Last week seemed to fly by. My manuscript for the book is due next month and I’m hunkering down to finish it. I’m knee-deep in desserts ( you know I’m making some killer desserts for you) and I definitely am going to go on a sugar fast when this is over. On Sunday I went to a book signing in St. Johns and got to meet my two friends Mickey from Paleo Autoimmune (The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook) and Arsy from Rubies and Radishes (The Paleo Foodie). They both just released amazing books that you MUST buy!
Anyhow, it wasn’t until Friday that I remembered I hadn’t whipped up a recipe for Monday. Again, I turned to the simplicity of a smoothie to share with you today. Seriously, there is nothing better than a chocolate cherry smoothie and even better, there is spinach and gelatin hidden inside for a boost of nutrition.
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves
- 1 tsp gelatin
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 cup milk of choice
- In your blender add the ingredients for the chocolate layer and whiz for 30 seconds until smooth. Pour this into a large jar.
- Rinse your blender and then add in the ingredients for the cherry layer.
- In two large glasses pour a layer of the cherry smoothie, then the chocolate smoothie and finish with the cherry layer.
© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.