Every now and then I see something in my Facebook feed that makes me take a double take. This time, while I sat there shaking my head an idea came to me and yes, it was to create a bacon wrapped lara bars recipe.
Ah the insanity!
I wasn’t sure what to expect. I mean. I know the Paleo community is crazy over bacon but would it actually taste good?
It tastes pretty darn good and the Lara bar tasted like a hot bacon loved brownie to me.
A couple of tips:
1. Make sure that the bacon completely covers the lara bar. Any exposed area will cook until firm (and be tough to eat). I like my bacon crispier and I didn’t have toothpicks to hold the bacon into place and the next day I had to chuck the bits that had been exposed during cooking.
2. Use Lara bars with chocolate chips in it (OMG) .
- 5 slices of bacon
- 5 lara bars of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap the slices of bacon around the lara bar until fully wrapped and use a toothpick to keep bacon in place.
- Bake until lightly crisp 25 to 30 minutes.