I was looking through my cookbook Paleo Eats and it just dawned on me that I hadn’t share the recipe for Coconut Cinnamon Cereal on my blog. Duh!
This recipe is an upgraded version of my Paleo Cinnamon Toast Crunch recipe and seriously, you won’t believe how easy and delicious this recipe is to make. I also filmed a cooking video showing how to make this amazing paleo cereal.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the coconut shreds and sunflower seeds in a food processor and grind for 30 seconds.
- Add the cinnamon, salt, maple syrup, egg, and melted coconut oil and pulse until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Scoop the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Cover with a second piece of parchment paper and with a rolling pin, roll to ¼-inch thick. Remove and discard the top piece of parchment paper.
- With a wet knife, score the dough into 1-inch squares.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and let sit on the pan for 15 minutes to allow it to crisp up.
- Store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.