Image Source: Getty
We’ll never fall short of reasons to love sunny mornings. Why yes, they let us trade the layers of bulky and chunky clothing for light and bright dresses. Steaming cups of latte get replaced with icy Margaritas. The smiles hidden behind the twitching faces suddenly light up. It’s like everything around you gets a glorious splash of color that you cannot help but fall in love with.
It all seems great until you catch a glimpse of your reflection in the mirror a few hours into the day. You notice that your makeup that was so totally on point in the morning is now doing a better job at “bleeding love” than Leona Lewis. If these makeup blunders give you nightmares and spoil the glory of a sunny day for you, we’ve got just what you need. Here are the top six basics of sweat-proof makeup that you should swear by:
Sweat Proof Makeup Tips
- Start With Priming – This should be the first step in your makeup regimen. After you moisturize your face, use a primer that holds your makeup well and sets a good base for you to begin your makeup drill. Use a makeup sponge to dab on the primer all over your face and let it dry before you get on with the foundation.
- Use The Right Strokes For Foundation – To ensure that your makeup doesn’t bleed, you must be extra careful with the application of foundation. With the help of a foundation brush, gently apply a small amount of foundation (we love the Tint Skin foundation by Beauty Counter) on your skin. Apply it in a criss-cross motion, till you cover your entire face. Doing this will prevent your foundation from smearing. To further secure your foundation, you should lightly dab on translucent powder all over your face.
- Use The Right Products To Do Your Eyes – On a sultry day, using the right products for your eyes is the key. If you want to wear eyeshadow, don’t forget to apply primer before applying the eyeshadow. Doing so can help prevent the eyeshadow from creasing, which happens when your skin produces excess oil on a hot day. These creases will especially be visible if you’re using dark eyeshadows, as in the case of smokey eyes. To ensure that your brows are “on fleek,” opt for a pencil brow liner instead of a powder one as it can tend to mess up when you sweat. Always opt for a waterproof liner and mascara, lest you want to end up looking like a character from your favorite horror flick.
- Let The Lipstick Stay On With Powder – When you’ve finally mastered the Kylie Jenner lip-color technique, you would surely want it to stay through the entire day. Powdering your lipstick gives it a mattified effect and makes it stay on longer. After applying your lipstick, dab on some translucent powder on your lips and press them against a tissue. Beauty Counter’s Mattifying Skin Finishing Powder is a great investment.
- Opt For A Cream Blush – As much as you may love your powder blush, avoid using it on hot days as it can make your skin appear greasy and patchy. Instead, a cream blush easily blends with your skin and gives off a more natural flushed look.
- Set The Makeup With A Spray – To add a professional finishing touch to your look, you can seal your makeup with a makeup setting spray. Once you are through with your makeup application drill, spray the mist on your face from a slight distance and let it dry.
Some More Tips To Keep In Mind:
- Always carry blotting papers with you. Whenever you feel your face getting greasy, you can dab them on your skin lightly for a fresh and mattified effect.
- As far as possible, opt for waterproof makeup variants to ensure that the great effort you put into doing your makeup doesn’t go waste.
- It’s always better to make sure your makeup has SPF protection as that way your makeup itself can do the job of a sunscreen. Sunscreens generally tend to make your skin greasier than usual.
- Using an oil-free moisturizer is always better to ensure that your skin remains dry, and your makeup blends in well.
So there you have it – your ultimate guide to ensuring that your makeup remains intact all day long. Runny liners and bleeding lipsticks are surely going to become a thing of the past!