Growing up my favorite foods were spam, fried bologna with mayo sandwiches and corn dogs. I love to tinker in the kitchen and recreate the foods that loved when I ate grains so, of course, paleo corn dogs were at the top of my list.
With summer around the corner, I busted out my recipe and whipped up a batch for dinner tonight. I hope that you enjoy them.
Paleo Corn DogsPrint
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 6 hot dogs
- Coconut oil for frying
- Pre-boil the hot dogs. This is not necessary but with the Applegate Farms All Beef hot dogs, it really improves the flavor. Let the hot dog cool and then place in a bowl.
- Add the 1/4 cup of arrowroot to pre-coat the hot dogs.
- To make the batter add the coconut flour, arrowroot, baking powder and salt to a bowl and blend well with a spoon.
- In a separate bowl combine the melted butter, honey, egg and milk.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- The batter will be rather thick but it's necessary so that it will stick to the hot dogs.
- Drop the hot dogs into the batter and coat on all sides. I will "dunk" them into the batter and let them sit for a couple of seconds. Use a spoon to help coat them and remove from the batter.
- I roll them around several times to get a nice thick coating and scoop them up with a spoon so I can get more batter on the bottom of them.
- Drop the corn dog in the hot oil and brown on both sides.
- One side may be prettier than the other but they still taste excellent.
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.