This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
So, I had 3 peaches sitting on my counter for a week becoming more and more fragrant and no idea what to do with them. Digging through my pantry I found some macadamia nuts and wondered how a peach blueberry crisp would turn out using macadamia nuts as the topping. After fiddling about in the kitchen, I cane up with this Paleo Peach Blueberry Crisp .
The topping stays nice and crunchy and peaches and blueberries combine for a sweet treat.
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon power
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Cardamon
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, or butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 1 cup salted and roasted macadamia nuts
- First, place your macadamia nuts in food processor and pulse until you get a small rough crumble, this took me roughly 2 minutes. You don't want a nut butter so watch it.
- In a mixing bowl add your peaches, blueberries, all the spices, coconut flour and the melted butter/coconut oil and honey.
- Stir until well combined and pour into an 8" round pan.
- Spoon the macadamia nut crumble evenly over the peaches and blueberries.
- Put in your oven and bake at 350 for 50 - 55 minutes.
- Top with cream and enjoy!
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.