This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
It wasn’t until I went Paleo that I tried Brussels Sprouts again. My first memory of the vegetable are not pleasant. In fact, I gagged when I tried to eat it the first time. Then two years ago Mr. Bejelly and I went to one of our favorite seafood restaurants and the side dish was Brussels sprouts. I didn’t realize it when I took the first bite but oh man they were good. I went home and decided I had to have them again and came up with this sinfully delicious recipe. It’s super simple and to be honest, your Brussels sprouts will not be the gorgeous green color in the photo. They will be more slightly gray in color but don’t worry, your taste buds won’t know. Now that Brussels Sprouts are in season we will have this paleo vegetable dish once a week.
- 1 lb . Brussels Sprouts
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled.
- First pre-boil the Brussels sprouts for 10 minutes to soften them.
- I then cut them in in half and place them flat down in a skillet with the ghee and cook until nice and browned one side, roughly 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour the whipping cream in to a bowl and whisk in the sea salt.
- Pour over the sprouts. Cook for 1 minute to reduce the cream.
- Top with crumbles bacon.
Serving Size:4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Saturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 693mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.