October 29, 2012   By Kelly Bejelly

creamed Brussels sprouts

It wasn’t until I went Paleo that I tried Brussels Sprouts again.  My first memory of the vegetable are not pleasant.  In fact, I gagged when I tried to eat it the first time.   Then two years ago Mr. Bejelly and I went to one of our favorite seafood restaurants and the side dish was Brussels sprouts.  I didn’t realize it when I took the first bite but oh man they were good.  I went home and decided I had to have them again and came up with this sinfully delicious recipe.   It’s super simple and to be honest, your Brussels sprouts will not be the gorgeous green color in the photo.  They will be more slightly gray in color but don’t worry, your taste buds won’t know.  Now that Brussels Sprouts are in season we will have this paleo vegetable dish once a week.

brussels sprouts

Creamed Brussels Sprouts

Calories: 230 kcal

• 1 lb . Brussels Sprouts
  • 1/2 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
  • 1 Tablespoon ghee
  • 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
  • 2 slices of cooked bacon crumbled.

1. First pre-boil the Brussels sprouts for 10 minutes to soften them.
  2. I then cut them in in half and place them flat down in a skillet with the ghee and cook until nice and browned one side, roughly 8 to 10 minutes.
  3. Pour the whipping cream in to a bowl and whisk in the sea salt.
  4. Pour over the sprouts. Cook for 1 minute to reduce the cream.
  5. Top with crumbles bacon.
Nutrition Facts
Sugars 2g
Protein 5g 10%
Vitamin A 25.8%
Vitamin C 116.8%
Calcium 6.7%
Iron 8.8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

creamed brussels sprouts

© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

• October 29, 2012 at 10:24 am

I don’t think I’ve ever had a brussels sprout in my life LOL, but it looks good.

• October 29, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I lurve brussels sprouts! One of my favorite veggies. But I’ve never fixed creamed brussels sprouts before.

• October 29, 2012 at 5:09 pm

I had my first brussels sprout at 27 years old and actually loved them. I can’t wait to try them this way!

• October 29, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever had a brussel sprout. I also have no idea what ghee is.

• October 31, 2012 at 1:56 pm

I need to try making creamed brussels sprouts! They are one of my favorite veggies now, but when I was a kid, I couldn’t stand them either.

• November 1, 2012 at 4:06 am

Not a fan of brussels sprouts but you make them look tasty!

• November 2, 2012 at 1:19 am

I love brussel sprouts now that I’m not a kid. LOL!

• November 2, 2012 at 8:04 am

We love brussel sprouts and I wish we could eat these, but we can’t being dairy free! shucks.

• November 2, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Oh my gosh I absolutely love brussels sprouts! Hubby doesn’t but maybe this recipe will make him 🙂

• November 3, 2012 at 3:12 am

I love brussel sprouts, but they have to be cooked right and that is a task in and of itself LOL. I am definitley going to have to try this recipe.

• November 3, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I really don’t like brussel sprouts (and I love most veggies!), but these actually look good.

• November 3, 2012 at 8:05 pm

These look amazing.

• November 3, 2012 at 9:03 pm

We adore brussels sprouts now (as adults) but because I fix them much differently than the boiled, mushy variations of our childhood.

This sounds so good.

And, p.s., I have been stalking your site this weekend. My husband and I have decided to try a 30 day Paleo run… it’s something that makes sense for me (given some certain health issues) and we’re wanting a good way to clean up our eating.

• November 3, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Oh my gosh, how exciting!! If you need any help or have questions please email me! I’m not an expert or anything but I’m happy to chat and point you in the right direction. I won’t lie, I weaned myself off grains because I had so much brain fog when I first went Paleo plus other things that popped up on the diet.