This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
When I was a kid and someone boastfully said, “OH I LOVE THIS!” I would always say, “Well why don’t you marry it?” Well, I would marry the Delicata squash. Yeah, I’d change my name to Kelly Delicata and adopted some other baby squash to fill up our home. Then I’d turn into a Black Widow and eat him. So, after that tiny bit of cannibalism, I want to share one of my favorite paleo vegetable soup recipes using Delicata squash. This soup is rather thick, almost like a potato soup. Every time I eat this soup I crave gluten-free mac and cheese and will have to come up with a Paleo Version to satisfy.
- 2 medium Delicata Squash - roughly 3" wide and 6" long
- 1.5 cups of beef bone broth
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, peeled and grated.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- Juice of half of one small lemon
- Peel, core and chop up the Delicata squash into squares. Place squash in a medium pan and cover with water. Set on the stove and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook until the squash is softened, about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, add the olive oil, grated onion and minced garlic. Cook until the garlic is lightly browned and then add the seasonings.
- Cook for one minute and then add in the 1.5 cups of broth.
- Let this simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat and whisk in the lemon juice.
- In a blender, add all the ingredients and pulse until smooth.
- Top with Pine nuts and enjoy!
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.