Make dinner time stupid easy with these Paleo Freezer Meals recipes. Go a whole month without cooking from scratch and easily shop for these ingredients from Walmart or Costco!
I was recently inspired by a friend’s paleo freezer meal prepping post and thought how lovely it would be do a bunch of paleo freezer meals for the days I feel like giving up and going to get take out.
I already make use of my slow cooker once a week but the convenience of a put together meal sounds like nirvana.
A couple quick tips about freezing meals.
- Clean out the freezer and fridge before shopping.
- Never refreeze raw meat. Be sure to ask the butcher if you’re unsure.
- Always cool food as quickly as possible before freezing (ice bath or in the refrigerator).
- Use double bags for things with liquid and foil for things like meatloaf and casseroles. You can also use mason jars for soups and sauces as they also stack well with no waste! If you use the jars, remember to leave a little room in the top for expansion
- Flash freeze things that can stick together like meatballs and waffles by placing them in a single layer on a cookie sheet until solid. Then transfer them to a labeled freezer bag and store in the freezer.
- Always label your meals with contents AND the date.
- Freeze things as quickly and as flat as possible and squeeze out as much air as possible (air = freezer burn) to make stacking in the freezer super easy (and less like a bad game of Tetris). Ideally, a food 2-inches thick should freeze completely in about 2 hours. If your home freezer has a “quick-freeze” shelf, use it.
- Once food is thawed in the refrigerator, it is safe to refreeze it without cooking, although there may be a loss of quality due to the moisture lost through thawing.
- Keep a list of your freezer meals on the freezer and cross them off when you use them
- Defrost before reheating
Ginger Chicken Recipe
Add a little ginger to your next meal and feel your superpowers kick in! It’s true — ginger is a superfood and it elevates this Ginger Chicken Recipe to the next level. I love a good Paleo Chicken recipe and this is one to share!
Paleo Pizza Casserole (Low Carb) A Girl Worth Saving
Make these Pizza casserole in a skillet and freezer for later! Reheats like a dream.
Meatloaf Muffins … Fun for the Whole Family! (DF, GF)
These meatloaf muffins freeze like a dream and make the perfect lunch or dinner.