Make dinner time stupid easy with these Paleo Freezer Meals recipes. Go a whole month without cooking from scratch and easily shop for these ingredients from Walmart or Costco!
I was recently inspired by a friend’s paleo freezer meal prepping post and thought how lovely it would be do a bunch of paleo freezer meals for the days I feel like giving up and going to get take out.
I already make use of my slow cooker once a week but the convenience of a put together meal sounds like nirvana.
A couple quick tips about freezing meals.
- Clean out the freezer and fridge before shopping.
- Never refreeze raw meat. Be sure to ask the butcher if you’re unsure.
- Always cool food as quickly as possible before freezing (ice bath or in the refrigerator).
- Use double bags for things with liquid and foil for things like meatloaf and casseroles. You can also use mason jars for soups and sauces as they also stack well with no waste! If you use the jars, remember to leave a little room in the top for expansion
- Flash freeze things that can stick together like meatballs and waffles by placing them in a single layer on a cookie sheet until solid. Then transfer them to a labeled freezer bag and store in the freezer.
- Always label your meals with contents AND the date.
- Freeze things as quickly and as flat as possible and squeeze out as much air as possible (air = freezer burn) to make stacking in the freezer super easy (and less like a bad game of Tetris). Ideally, a food 2-inches thick should freeze completely in about 2 hours. If your home freezer has a “quick-freeze” shelf, use it.
- Once food is thawed in the refrigerator, it is safe to refreeze it without cooking, although there may be a loss of quality due to the moisture lost through thawing.
- Keep a list of your freezer meals on the freezer and cross them off when you use them
- Defrost before reheating
Slow Cooker Kalua Pork
Slow Cooker Kalua Pork is the easiest freezer meal and has less than 4 ingredients.Continue Reading
The Hunger Games Lamb Stew with Dried Plums
Whole30 Lamb strew that is rich with flavor!Continue Reading
Ginger Chicken Recipe
Add a little ginger to your next meal and feel your superpowers kick in! It’s true — ginger is a superfood and it elevates this Ginger Chicken Recipe to the next level. I love a good Paleo Chicken recipe and this is one to share!Continue Reading
Paleo Pizza Casserole (Low Carb) A Girl Worth Saving
Make these Pizza casserole in a skillet and freezer for later! Reheats like a dream.Continue Reading
Pineapple Teriyaki Pork
Country style ribs marinated in teriyaki sauce and pineapple make a easy freezer mealContinue Reading
Honey & Spice Glazed Pork Chops
Ginger, cloves, mustard and honey make these pork chops heavenly!Continue Reading
Roasted Poblano and Pumpkin Chili
Chili is the quintessential easy meal and freezing it just is common sense!Continue Reading
Harvest-Spiced Chicken Stew – Paleo in PDX
Apricots, ginger and orange juice create the perfect flavor combination in this freezer meal Chicken StewContinue Reading
Bison and Sweet Potato Stew Recipe
Hearty and packed with rich flavor, this strew will become a family favorite.Continue Reading
Meatloaf Muffins … Fun for the Whole Family! (DF, GF)
These meatloaf muffins freeze like a dream and make the perfect lunch or dinner.Continue Reading
Crockpot Salsa Beef
The easiest meal to dump in a freezer bag and whip up for dinner time.Continue Reading
No Tomato Chili
Looking for a chili with no tomatoes? This freezer meal fits the bill and uses coffee in the base.Continue Reading
Paleo Carne Guisada
This cuban version of beef stew will have everyone asking for seconds.Continue Reading
Paleo Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken
These freezer meal cooks up in your slow cooker for the simplest dinner.Continue Reading
Stuffed Beef Cannelloni -- Low Carb & Grain Free
Make these paleo casserole ahead of time and freeze it!Continue Reading