This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on October 16, 2019
There is nothing like a fresh ripe apple just picked the tree. Right now we’re eating apples like they’re going out of style. Honeycrisp, Macon, Galas – we’re eating them and I could not do Thanksgiving without an apple dessert. To keep this Paleo Apple Galette somewhat compliant to Whole30, I used fresh pressed apple juice as the sugar. I can not remember the last time we had juice in the house as it’s just too sweet for us now. If you want to skip this I would go with a sweeter apple variety. I used Granny Smiths because I just love the tart finish when baked.
This recipe bakes up in only 30 minutes but that is due to the fact that you cook the apple on the stove top first and then spoon the filling into the crust.
Now, my Mother-in-law came over for dinner the night I made this and she is a sugar loving mama. To make this sweet enough for her I simply warmed up some honey with a bit of ghee and cinnamon and drizzled it over the top. Top with your favorite whipped topping and enjoy!
I hope that you found a tasty Dish to try in my week of Paleo Thanksgiving Recipes!
- 1.5 cups of Soaked and Dehydrated Almonds - see tutorial
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 Granny Smith Apples, pealed and sliced
- 1/2 cup of apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon power
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- To make the crust place the almonds in the food processor and grind to a flour.
- Place the almond flour in a bowl and add in the coconut flour, ghee and eggs.
- Mix until you have a dough and roll out between two sheets or parchment paper. Your finished crust should be 1/4" thick.
- To make the filling place the cut apple, apple juice, lemon juice, ghee and all the seasoning in a pan and cover. Bring to a boil and cover.
- Let this cook until the juice cooks away, roughly 10 - 12 minutes. Some of the apple maybe more of an apple sauce but that's fine.
- Take your piece of parchment paper with the crust on it and spoon the filing into the center of the crust. Fold the crust up on to the filing.
- Move the galette on to a baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.