This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Breaded with pork rinds, these paleo chicken nuggets are then baked in your oven until crispy! Dip them in sweet and sour sauce for an extra special keto lunch.
I am so done with sugar.
Seriously, I can’t even think about eating anything sweeter than a lemon at this point.
Good thing I’ve wrapped up the recipes for my cookbook Paleo Eats and can concentrate on finally whittling these last pounds off and getting healthier.
So in that vein, here is a super simple paleo chicken nugget recipe that is sugar-free and low carb.
I tried to take more photos of these nuggets but my son and husband destroyed them. Literally 10 minutes after they were out of the oven they were eaten. They were gone faster than the last time I made them multigrain chicken nuggets and sweet potato fries.
What you’ll need for this Recipe:
How to Make This Paleo Chicken Nuggets Recipe:
In a medium bowl place your cut up chicken pieces and then add in your salt, pepper, onion powder and coconut flour and mix thoroughly.
In a separate bowl crack your egg and mix in the water to make an egg wash.
On a small plate place your crushed pork rinds.
Take one chicken nugget and quickly dip it egg wash then roll it in pork rind crumbs.
Place on your greased baking sheet and repeat.
Bake in your oven for 20 minutes at 365 degrees
These bake up nice and crispy just like a traditional chicken nugget. They also reheat really well if you manage to have leftovers. Just put them in the oven on 250 for 10 minutes or so.
Notes and variations
If you don’t want to use pork rinds you can also try using crumbled sweet potato or cassava chips for the final breading.
If you like this Paleo recipe, you’ll love:
Did you make and love this recipe? Give your review below and make sure you share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!
This crispy oven baked chicken nuggets are a great keto dinner!
- 3/4 lb chicken breast, cut into nugget sized bites
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 bag pork rinds, crushed into crumbs - this is easier to do a food processor.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- In a medium bowl place your cut up chicken pieces and then add in your salt, pepper, onion powder and coconut flour and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl crack your egg and mix in the water to make an egg wash.
- On a small plate place your crushed pork rinds.
- Take one chicken nugget and quickly dip it egg wash then roll it in pork rind crumbs.
- Place on your greased baking sheet and repeat.
- Bake in your oven for 20 minutes at 365 degrees
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Saturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 533mgProtein: 21g
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.