The one thing I love about cooking is how flexible it is. I can’t count on my fingers and toes the number of times I have started a recipe thinking it would be something and once it’s done, realize I had instead created a different creature. Cooking is about going with the flow. Knowing your ingredients and realizing that as long as you follow certain rules, it will turn out all right in the end.
I thought that this was going to be a thin mint cookie recipe and it transformed into a light and fluffy Paleo Chocolate cupcakes recipe that satisfied my need for dark chocolate and peppermint.
Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes with MintPrint
Chocolate Peppermint Frosting
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp palm Shortening
- 11/2 tsp of peppermint flavoring
- Combine the pecans, dark chocolate chips, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder in a food processor/blender and grind until you have a flour.
- In a medium bowl add the peppermint oil, maple syrup and eggs and mix well.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into 12 cupcake tins and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- To make the frosting combine the chocolate chips, palm shortening and peppermint oil in a pan over low heat. Cook until the chocolate chips are melted and then set on your counter to cool.
- Frost the cupcakes with the frosting and enjoy!
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.