Looking for the Best Paleo chocolate chip cookies? This is one of the recipes from my ebook A Moment of Sweetness (Out of Print). When I was fussing about in kitchen I was intrigued by the idea of adding sweet potato to this recipe and it seriously turned it from ok to AMAZING. Yest, I had to put that in all bold because that is the only way I can share how darn good these are.
I won’t lie, I ate the entire first batch all by myself. I hid them from my husband and kiddo, how crazy is that? When Mr. Bejelly and Little finally got a taste – of batch number 2 – he asked me not to eat them all.
At least I didn’t break that promise.
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed white sweet potato
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup palm shortening
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoon black-strap molasses
- 2 tablespoons B grade maple syrup
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- In a bowl combine the sifted coconut flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl mix the mashed white sweet potato, eggs, palm shortening, vanilla, molasses and maple syrup.
- Mix until well blended and then add the coconut flour mixture to it and mix thoroughly.
- Lastly add in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into walnut size balls and set on your Siplat.
- Press the cookies with a small glass and then bake in your oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.