This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
I was rushed when I took this pictures. Mr. Bejelly and the Little were literally breathing down my neck grumbling about needed to have the flat bread to accompany our dinner of caramelized onions, bratwurst and peas. I’m not kidding either. They started to eat and then put their dishes away until I gave them the ok to destroy the batch I made.
I was trying for a Paleo tortilla recipe and this is Primal Parmesan Flatbread is pretty close but it’s not flexible and it’s much thicker so hence, it’s flatbread It would still pair well with Mexican foods like Cheesy Chile Rellenos as well as act as nice bread for breakfast, an open-faced sandwich and more.
- 1 7 oz bag Plantain chips
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- pinch of sea salt
- In your blender or food processor, grind the Plantain Chips
- In a small bowl add your Plantain flour, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and blend well.
- Add in the water, eggs ad 1 tbsp of the melted butter. Mix until you have a dough. I did knead it to speed up the process.
- In a fry pan add the 2 tbsp of melted butter and heat to medium low.
- Pinch a walnut size piece of dough and press it between two sheets of parchment paper. I used a small plate to help me press the dough to roughly a quarter inch thick.
- Flip the dough from the parchment paper into the fry pan and cook for 3 - 5 minutes on one side and flip and repeat. I was able to cook 4 at a time.
- Remove from the pan when the bread is brown and enjoy!
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.