This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
We don’t do a lot of fruit in the Bejelly household due to watching our sugar intake. My son tried his first orange a month ago – yes, my 23-month-old son just ate an orange. Anyhow, he went gaga over it. I bought a bag of oranges for him thinking he would eat them in a week but he ate one and then was done with it. I’ve had 6 oranges sitting lonesome in my fridge and since I’m on a Popsicle kick, I figured I put a couple to go use.
This Orange Creamsicle Popsicle recipe is super simple and so crazy good. You might notice that they’re not neon orange and more of a soft buttery yellow. I didn’t want to mess with using turmeric to deepen the color because the flavor was spot on and I was afraid the turmeric would give it a hint of taste and mess everything up.
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cup coconut shreds
- 1 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice, 3 medium oranges
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a blender add your coconut shreds and boiling water. Blend for 1 minute.
- Strain through a nut milk bag and you will get 2 cups of coconut milk.
- Clean out your blender and add the coconut milk, orange juice, orange zest, salt and vanilla and blend for 1 minute.
- Pour into your Popsicle molds and freeze for 3 hours.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.