The Hood Strawberries are finally in season and I’m stocking up. I’ll more than likely end up buying 10 flats and freezing them to eat throughout the summer. Well, I hope they last that long. If you’re lucky enough to have tried a Hood strawberry you know they are crazy sweet. I liken them to Mother’s Nature’s candy bar.
They also make the perfect sweet treat and now that it’s starting to heat up, I wanted something cold to help me stay cool. I also wanted to make something simple that didn’t require an ice cream machine (which I still have not bought) so it was Popsicle time.
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut shreds
- 3 cups of boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon power
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups of strawberries
- In your blender or food processor add your coconut shreds, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamon, sea salt and boiling water.
- Blend for 3 minutes.
- Strain your milk through a nut milk bag.
- Rinse out your blender and the coconut milk you just created and the 3 cups of strawberries.
- Blend for 1 minute and pour into your popsicle tray. Freeze for 3 hours and then enjoy!
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.