20 Paleo Junk Food Recipes

Paleo Junk Food recipes | A Girl Worth Saving

Most of us didn’t grow up following the Paleo Diet.  When I was growing up junk food was a food group, heck, I remember making Kool-Aid everyday and adding a strong cup of sugar.   When I think of junk food, I don’t think of chips, well, maybe Cheetos, but  I think of sweets.  I think of donuts and Little Debbie’s snack cakes.  I think of Candy Bars.  My childhood  contains a history of sweet memories and I don’t know how I would have felt to be “left out” as a kid.

Right now with the Little it’s  fairly easy to tell that  candy in the store is yucky.  He does’t realize that he’s being left out of something when we go to birthday parties and skip the cake.  I know there will be a time when he will start wondering “Why” he cant’ have cake and I would like to prolong this as long as possible by plying him with Paleo Junk Food recipes.   Here are 20 recipes that should help you get your junk food fix.

GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COCONUT BARS

Sweet Potato Doughnuts with Cinnamon Icing

Paleo Cocoa “Lara Bars”

Paleo Dipping Chips

Paleo graham crackers

Parsnip Chips

Fried Cheese Sticks

BBQ “Potato” Chips

Nacho Cheese “Corn Chips”

Paleo Soft Pretzels

Homemade Sugar-Free Mounds Bars – Bounty (Vegan)

Double Decker Lamingtons

Paleo honey nut clusters

Chocolate Caramel Brownie Cups

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Popsicles

Chocolate Pudding

Chocolate Fudge Frosting

Boston Cream Pie

Homemade Oreos

Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups with Smoked Sea Salt

paleo junk food

1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough 2. Simple Squares Organic Snack Bar   3. Love Bean Superfood Fudge Spread

1. Angela July 28, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Oh my goodness, you’ve put together quite a delicious roundup. I see quite a few I would like to try!

2. courtney July 28, 2013 at 5:17 pm

They all sound so good! I need to try out Paleo – sounds like a diet that would be good for M with all her allergies.

3. Lisa July 28, 2013 at 7:35 pm

I want everything on your list!

4. Jenn- The Rebel Chick July 28, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Every time I browse you round ups and recipes I get more and more curious about the Paleo diet. Everything you share looks so amazing.

5. Rachel @ Following In My Shoes July 28, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Just pinned it! We are doing a month-long paleo challenge soon …. while I probably won’t make these during that month (we’re eliminating sweets/sugar), I definitely will try them once the 30 days are up!

1. Kelly Bejelly July 29, 2013 at 9:05 am

Good luck Rachel 🙂 I’m sharing an extra tasty ice cream recipe today too, lol. No more sweets, well, ok, after Friday’s recipe.

6. Lolo July 29, 2013 at 12:32 am

I think it is great that you can have “junk” food too!

7. Toni July 29, 2013 at 2:55 am

These all sound like something I would enjoy eating. I am thinking Paleo is something our family should try.

8. Jada July 29, 2013 at 6:34 am

Thanks for the shout out!

9. Jenn July 29, 2013 at 8:06 am

Homemade Oreos? Must try!

10. Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies July 29, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Oh man, my dad used to make Kool-Aid like that. We were always happy when he made the Kool-Aid because my mom would skimp on the sugar. 🙂 I have such a weakness for junk food made healthy too–love this round-up!

1. Kelly Bejelly July 29, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Ha! I used to make the Kool-Aid and I was a kid so you know that stuff was sweet 🙂 I think it would be so hard to try any diet if you knew that you could never have any kind of sweet. If I knew I couldn’t have junk food every now and then I never would have done Paleo.

11. Sharon July 30, 2013 at 9:40 am

Hehehehe!! Thanks for the shout out! Love the collection! 😉

12. LyndaS August 1, 2013 at 6:43 am

Now I want to snack! I am going to have to try some of those recipes.

13. Salixisme August 1, 2013 at 8:04 am

Thanks for the list of recipes… I am going to have to make some of those for the kids.

14. Brooke Schweers August 29, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I am so flattered you like my doughnuts! A great list of paleo treats, I can’t wait to try the other recipes 🙂

15. stacey September 26, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Thank you for the link back. I just figured out how use a plug in that notifies me of pings. So this is a long overdue thank you! I’ve been to your site before and love it, but never noticed you linked my site. Sorry, my bad. Awesome blog, Kelly!

1. Kelly Bejelly September 26, 2013 at 12:52 pm

You’re very welcome Stacey! Thanks for creating amazing recipes!

16. Joni July 24, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Thanks for so many great recipes. I am in such of the perfect chocolate frosting that taste like the store bought. I can’t use any kind of sugar so I use xylitol for chocolate. Stevia doesn’t taste well with it. I’m getting close to a good one. But I have to try some of your recipes.

17. Skeezix April 28, 2018 at 9:58 am

Well, at least you tell it like it is. The newest trend seems to be that of assuring people that Paleo junk food is actually good for us. In fact, stuffing one’s face with almond flour, coconut flour, alternative sweeteners, etc. may be preferable to conventional junk food, it is NOT and never will be “good for us” in the same way that whole fresh fruit, vegetables, and high-quality protein are.