I’ve been in holiday mode and it wasn’t until today that I figured out what in the world I was going to share this week. Two weeks ago when it was Mr. Bejelly’s birthday, it was HOT. I’m talking 90 degree weather all week and we were exclusively cooking on the Treager so I didn’t heat up our house.
If you live in the Pacific NW, you know the Walla Walla onions are in stock and I was going to surprise my hubby with some keto onion rings. That didn’t happen until Sunday when the weather was nice and sunny but in the 70s. He was pretty stoked and everyone gobbled them down and asked for seconds. Take your time with the coating with egg wash to get a more even crust on the rings. I had a hungry toddler and husband so I rushed it but they were still very tasty.
Low Carb Keto Onion RingsPrint
- Combine the coconut flour, salt and pepper and place on a plate.
- In a small bowl combine the eggs, water and apple cider vinegar. Mix well.
- Placed the pork rinds in a paper bag or plastic bag.
- Take the onion rings and coat them with the flour mixture, then dunk them in egg wash.
- Throw them in the bag with pork rinds and shake. Remove and place on your baking sheet.
- Repeat until you've gone through all the onions.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes until browned.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.