September 9, 2013   By Kelly Bejelly

Paid Endorsement Disclosure: A Girl Worth Saving is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to AMAZON.COM. This post may contain affiliate links and/or ads from Amazon or other affiliate partners. We only recommend products or services that we have personally tried and love. When you make a purchase through any of these links, we earn a small commission on each sale, which allows us to cover a portion of the cost of this site. This has no effect on your sale price and is simply a cost of doing business for the company you are purchasing from.

Paleo Breakfast Biscuit Cup

Mr. Bejelly wakes up at 5:30 a.m. during the weekdays so he can get to work at 7:00 a.m.   For the past, hmmm. .. 3 years, I would say that his weekday breakfast has consisted only of a large glass of raw milk.  Times are a changing and now he wants a quick breakfast he can pull out of the freezer and put in the toaster oven while he’s getting ready.   I asked the folks who follow me on Facebook, and thanks for all the awesome ideas (Stefanie, I plan on also doing pancake sandwiches for him)

Anyhow, A million years ago, I would visit my best friend in Seattle and there was a small bakery near her house that sold  amazing breakfast biscuit cups.  Inside the biscuit was bacon, egg and cheese and I wanted to try to recreate it.

Paleo Breakfast Biscuit Cup

I need to work on the getting the thickness of the muffins down.  I was afraid to make them too thin , worrying they would fall apart when pulling them from the pan.  In the future, I will use a muffin liner and press them to about 1/4″ thick so I can put more ingredients in each cup.  It’s also  really hard to get all the little tiny seams closed so you might see, like myself,  some baked egg on your pan.

Paleo Breakfast Biscuit Cup

I stuck them all in the freezer so Mr. Bejelly can grab one out and reheat it while he’s putzing around getting ready in the morning. They reheat wonderfully and make an easy on-the-go breakfast for those early morning people.

Paleo Breakfast Biscuit Cup

Paleo Breakfast Biscuit Cup

Course: Breakfast

Biscuit

Filling

• 2 large eggs raw
  • Any assortment of cooked veggies cheese, meat, etc.

1. Grind the almonds into a flour and place in a bowl.
  2. Add in the egg, coconut oil, baking soda, sea salt and mix well with a spoon.
  3. Then add in the tapioca flour, coconut flour and mashed sweet potatoes. It will form a dough that you can knead for 1 minute. Pinch off a quarter of the dough to use as the cap for the biscuit.
  4. Roll the rest of the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper until it is about 1/4" to 1/2" thick.
  5. Cut into pieces and press into a greased muffin tin. You need to make sure the dough comes out past the top of the tin. This will allow you to attach the cap.
  6. Pour the egg/meat mixture into each biscuit base.
  7. Take the dough you set aside and roll out to 1/4" thick and cut into a circle large enough to cap the biscuit. Pinch the edges shut.
  8. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
  9. You can store this in the freezer and reheat at 300 degrees for 15 minutes.

Paleo Breakfast Biscuit Cup

© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

• Stefanie Tweedy
    September 9, 2013 at 4:08 pm

My hubby just saw this and he wants me to make some for him. I yelled, Hey, here is my name on her blog. haha Well the little sandwiches are awesome. You will have to let me know what your hubby thinks about them. I need to come up with some more grab and go breakfast items. Right now I’m on a hunt for things we can take to the ball park while we watch high school football and my daughter dance on the drill team. We have to be there so early. Last week we had to leave at 4 and we didn’t walk in the door till 12:30am. My couple of snacks did NOT hold us. If you have any ideas please let me know. Also do you have an IG? I do it’s Paleoanddirtydishes. Sometimes I comment as that name.

• September 9, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Lol, Stefanie 🙂 If you make them I hope you like them. My son was asking for them this morning so I have to make more 🙂 I’ll work on more snack recipes and do a round up. Truth be told, I don’t know what IG is.

• Stef
        February 9, 2017 at 7:44 am

I just came across your site and this recipe (sounds great!) and HAD to look up “IG”. I believe it refers to InstaGram.

• September 10, 2013 at 4:50 am

If you had a bakery I would visit it and try those biscuit cups!

• September 10, 2013 at 9:57 am

What a smart idea!! I bet my kiddo would love these for before-school breakfast!

• Felicia
    September 10, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I purchase blanched almond meal instead of grinding my own. Once you grind your almonds do you have 1 cup of almond meal or is it less? It seems like the almond flour would measure less since it can pack tighter. Just trying to avoid hard or dry crust with these cute little breakfast pot pies!

• September 10, 2013 at 9:51 pm

You could start with 3/4 cup and see how the dough looks before adding the last 1/4 cup. If it’s too wet, add more 🙂

• September 10, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I love the simplicity of this recipe. Not only is that is a great breakfast item but it would be really great as a mid-morning snack.

• September 14, 2013 at 12:39 pm

What a great idea! They look really yummy too. I must say that the idea of just a glass of raw milk is turning my stomach.

• September 14, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Raw milk is seriously delicious 🙂 I was hesitant to try it, but now I can’t live without it. The milk is extremely fresh -we get it the day the cow is milked.

• Jan
    September 15, 2013 at 5:20 am

This sounds perfect as I try to get my kids ‘off’ the ceeral-for-breakfast routine! Thanks Kellly & Stefanie!

• Mindy
    October 27, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Out of curiosity, does it matter when you add the baking soda? It’s not on the recipe, but I added mine at the same time as the sea salt and mine didn’t rise quite like I’d hope. Regardless, they were delicious. A little sauteed poblano pepper, onion, and a little natural ham and they were amazing.

• October 27, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Thanks for sharing that Mindy. I just updated the recipe and yes, you put it in with all the salt. Yeah! I’m so happy that you enjoyed it 🙂

• September 9, 2014 at 10:21 am

This is a must try recipe….cant wait :))
    I will wait for the hubby to travel as he has an almond allergy 🙁

• amanda strand
        November 19, 2014 at 8:13 pm

coudl this be made with out the coconut flour? if so..how?

• November 30, 2014 at 8:21 pm

I’ve never made it without so I’m not sure how it will turn out.

• Tammy Burns
            October 26, 2016 at 11:28 am

Hi, I am looking for recipes that use a substitute for coconut flour. I do not eat grains or coconut. Any idea of where I could find help?

• November 13, 2016 at 4:39 pm

Tammy you might have luck if you search for “almond flour only recipes” in google hun.

• LK
    April 24, 2015 at 12:39 pm

I made these and they are AMAZING!!!! Thank you so much for sharing.