My favorite way to eat pumpkin pie is cold. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve eaten it for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving. Like clockwork, I had a fried egg, some bacon and a slice of pumpkin pie the day after making this recipe. When I started thinking about a paleo pumkpin apple pie recipe to share, I knew that I wanted to change it up and add apple butter. I’m glad that I thought of this because it helps with some of the “boredom” I’ve been feeling lately when it comes to pumpkin pie.
Ok, look at this crust. This is an incredible vegan pie crust that you’ve seen before in the form of the crust I use for my paleo poptarts. Yep, the crust is sturdy, tastes pretty darn good and is vegan to boot! Note: Don’t pre-bake this for the recipe.
Pumpkin Apple Pie RecipePrint
Vegan Pie Crust
- in See the crust I used my Paleo Poptart recipe DO NOT BAKE. See steps below
- For the crust, make the Pop tart crust recipe and roll flat between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Grease your pie pan.
- Flip the crust into a pie pan and set aside.
- In your blender combine all of the ingredients and blend for 3 minutes or until completely mixed.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pie pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Let cool completely before you cut it!
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website