This gluten-free pumpkin apple pie features pumpkin puree, apple butter and honey. Everyone will love the twist on this old classic and it’s even better the next day!
My favorite way to eat pumpkin pie is cold. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve eaten it for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving.
Like clockwork, I had a fried egg, some bacon and a slice of pumpkin pie the day after making this recipe. When I started thinking about a paleo pumpkin apple pie recipe to share, I knew that I wanted to change it up and add apple butter.
I’m glad that I thought of this because it helps with some of the “boredom” I’ve been feeling lately when it comes to pumpkin pie.
Ok, look at this crust. This is an incredible keto pie crust that will help with some of the carbs on your big holiday.
Yep, the crust is sturdy, tastes pretty darn good and is low carb to boot!
Note: Don’t pre-bake this for the recipe.
- 1 16 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup of apple butter
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
Keto Pie Crust
- For the crust, make the pie crust recipe and roll flat between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Grease your pie pan.
- Flip the crust into a pie pan and set aside.
- In your blender combine all of the ingredients and blend for 3 minutes or until completely mixed.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pie pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Let cool completely before you cut it!