Pumpkin Apple Pie Recipe

paleo Pumpkin Apple Pie Recipe

My favorite way to eat pumpkin pie is cold.  I can’t tell you how many times I’ve eaten it for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving.   Like clockwork, I had a fried egg, some bacon and a slice of pumpkin pie the day after making this recipe.    When I started thinking about a paleo pumkpin apple pie recipe to share, I knew that I wanted to change it up and add apple butter.  I’m glad that I thought of this because it helps with some of the “boredom” I’ve been feeling lately when it comes to pumpkin pie.

Ok, look at this crust.  This is an incredible vegan pie crust that you’ve seen before in the form of the crust I use for my paleo poptarts. Yep, the crust is sturdy, tastes pretty darn good and is vegan to boot! Note: Don’t pre-bake this for the recipe.

gluten free Pumpkin Apple Pie Recipe

paleo pummpkin pie

Pumpkin Apple Pie Recipe

Course: Paleo Dessert
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes

Vegan Pie Crust

• in See the crust I used my Paleo Poptart recipe DO NOT BAKE. See steps below

Pie Filling

1. For the crust, make the Pop tart crust recipe and roll flat between two sheets of parchment paper.
  2. Grease your pie pan.
  3. Flip the crust into a pie pan and set aside.
  4. In your blender combine all of the ingredients and blend for 3 minutes or until completely mixed.
  5. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pie pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes.
  6. Let cool completely before you cut it!
  7. Enjoy!

paleo Pumpkin Apple Pie Recipe

© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website

1. Tammy October 14, 2013 at 3:51 pm

If one would use a different crust recipe would you still not pre-bake it?

2. Jennifer @ The Quirky Momma October 14, 2013 at 11:11 pm

I like experimenting with different pie crust recipes. I try to stay away from wheat as much as possible so your pie crust recipe would be a good alternative for me.

3. Angela October 15, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Pumpkin and apple together? I think I may have just drooled a little!

4. Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies October 15, 2013 at 5:46 pm

This is beautiful! I have such a weakness for pumpkin pie, but adding apple sounds even better. 🙂

5. Kim @ What's That Smell? October 16, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Pumpkin pie MUST be cold. Warm is weird. Fish are friends not food. Wait, wrong movie.

Anyhow, this looks AWESOME! I had been making my pies crustless and it annoys my husband LOL

1. Kelly Bejelly October 16, 2013 at 4:27 pm

The crust is amazing Kim! I hope you like it and seriously, move here so I can share my food with you 🙂

6. Heather October 27, 2013 at 5:41 am

looking forward to trying this! I’ve been searching for a fab crust recipe

1. Kelly Bejelly October 27, 2013 at 10:48 am

I hope you enjoy it Heather. Btw- love the bees 🙂

7. Kendra November 4, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Is there a way to make this without using apple butter? I’m trying to do no-sugar. Thanks! And it looks delicious!

1. Kelly Bejelly November 4, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Kendra, the apple butter and honey make up for 1/2 cup of liquid in the recipe. I’m not sure what you could use as a replacement. You could try softened coconut butter but I have no idea how the pie will turn out.

1. Kendra November 4, 2013 at 10:43 pm

unsweetened applesauce maybe? I’ll try it and let you know!

8. N'Digo Kali November 6, 2013 at 7:52 am

This turned out GREAT! Ohmygoodness, the addition of the apple butter gives it a nice kick of sweet and tart, and balances out the warm, comforting taste of pumpkin. Definitely a winner in my book!

1. Kelly Bejelly November 6, 2013 at 8:24 am

I’m so glad you enjoyed it N’Digo 🙂

9. jennifer November 3, 2014 at 3:30 pm

My daugther is allergic to eggs. Does the filling really need it to hold together? Thanks. Some of your recipes I can make work egg free just not sure risking it on thanksgiving 🙂

1. Kelly Bejelly November 4, 2014 at 8:57 am

Hrmm. you know. I’m not sure to be honest. I would think you could easily use an egg replacer or a gelatin egg to get it to work.

10. TL November 25, 2017 at 2:47 pm

Just made this pie this afternoon. From the photos, the pie filling looks like it is set up like a firm top. Does that happen when it comes out of the oven or after it cools completely. My filling was very moist when it came out of the oven. Baked at 350 for between 30-35

1. Kelly Bejelly November 26, 2017 at 10:08 am

It will set overnight or you can cook it for 8 to 10 minutes longer.