Fried Bananas and my 21 Day Sugar Detox Wrap up

Fried Bananas

Friday at 12:01 a.m., I woke up and drank a glass of maple syrup and chased it with an entire 85% dark chocolate candy bar.  Then I put on my apron strings and made ice cream cookies and ate ever single one of them.  Ok, yeah, that didn’t happen.

A couple of things I learned from the 21 Days Sugar Detox:

1) I need to stick as close to the diet as possible.  Sugar and me are like oil and vinegar.

2) I need to eat more vegetables.  I’m like the kid who licked broccoli and said I ate it.  I’m going to strive to eat veggies 2x a day.

3) This diet is an excellent reset and will help you “see” those cheats you have let into your diet.

I did lose inches which I’m happy about.

Fried Bananas

So to finish up my 21 Day Sugar Detox journey I’m going to share the simplest of recipes that just ROCKED.  I ate 2 bananas and wanted more but yeah, carbs right?

Fried Bananas

Fried Bananas

1. Heat your coconut oil in a pan over medium heat.
  2. Add in the sliced of banana and fry for 2 -3 minutes until golden brown. Flip and repeat.
  3. Remove from the pan and sprinkle with cinnamon powder
  4. Devour!

© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

1. Karen November 22, 2013 at 4:29 pm

I guess olive oil wouldnt taste good? Coconut oil is pretty expensive!

1. Kelly Bejelly November 22, 2013 at 10:13 pm

You could do butter or a light olive oil might work.

2. Robin {Mom Foodie} November 23, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Congrats. I’m not doing a detox, just cutting out a lot of sugar… of course my cheese craving hasn’t lessened though…lol

3. jeanae November 23, 2013 at 11:12 pm

I enjoyed watching your journey, and trying out some of the recipes. Congrats on your 21 days!
    I haven’t tried fried bananas, but I am guessing that they would have a similar consistency to fried plantains???

4. debra p November 24, 2013 at 1:10 am

I love the subtle taste of the coconut oil and those look yummy sprinkled with cinnamon – not to mention easy! Kudos to you for making it through that detox! I don’t know many who could do it. I’m not all about sweets but sugar is in so many things that it would be hard for sure.

5. Singapore Mum Blog November 24, 2013 at 4:59 am

congrats on finishing the detox!! This fried banana looks great… I’m going to try it!

6. Anne November 24, 2013 at 5:18 am

These look good, I love bananas but have never tried frying them.

7. Katie November 24, 2013 at 1:54 pm

I’m glad you survived! And I’ve had fried bananas before and they are delicious!

8. Hillesha November 24, 2013 at 4:22 pm

That is quite a challenge and kudos to you for finishing it! Those fried bananas look quite delish.

9. Kira November 24, 2013 at 4:29 pm

We’ve fried plantains all the time but never had fried banana, I assume it will be sweet, will give it a try next time.

10. robyn November 24, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Yum! These look delish! I bet my banana lover would eat them up!

11. Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell November 24, 2013 at 6:33 pm

I wonder if I’d go sugar mad after a detox or not. I’m actually one of the weird ones who loves veggies more than anything!

12. Rachel November 24, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Those look so good.

And good for you on finishing the detox. I know I couldn’t do it.

13. Jennifer H November 24, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Nice!! Those look really good btw.

14. Jennifer @ My Sweet Sanity November 24, 2013 at 9:09 pm

I am in total awe of you! You made it 21 days. I would be going nuts after like 21 minutes and those bananas just look so good. I bet they would be great over ice cream on top of banana bread. Wow! I guess I actually wouldn’t even make 21 seconds with the whole sugar thing. 🙂

15. Sara November 24, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Frying bananas and plantains are my absolute favorite! Congrats on being done! Just in time for thanksgiving. Mine will go through thanksgiving. Your fudge and pumpkin cookies will help me get through it so thank you again!

Love your recipes!

16. Adrienne Turner December 6, 2014 at 7:40 pm

I’m doing the sugar detox right now. I’ve been reading some of your posts about it. I’m also writing about it on my blog and I’d love for you to check it out!