The 21 Day Sugar Detox has been an adventure to say the least. Lately, I’ve been grumpy. Like grumpy enough to rival Oscar the grouch and the Grinch, pre-Christmas Spirit. I’ve started taking extra Natural Calm so I can be civil.
However, I can see the plus sides of the diet already: I’ve lost some inches without working out and my skin issues are clearing up. I’m also realizing how much cheating I was doing – every dang day. I’m not saying that come November 22nd at 12:01 a.m. that I’m going to wake up and eat a candy bar but I do miss the convenience of eating some of my favorite 85% dark chocolate when I feel like it.
I’m going to say that doing this diet is harder for someone who is a food blogger! Seriously, if you don’t know me by now, you know that I share a lot of sweets. It’s been fun though seeing what I desserts I can create that are 21 Day Sugar detox compliant and vegan. This recipe turned out excellent and I love the sharp bite of apple in the frosting paired with the pumpkin spice. These cookies are super filling so be warned.
Pumpkin Spice Thumbprint CookiesPrint
- 1/4 cup coconut butter melted
- 1/2 green apple peeled and finely shredded
- For the cookies, place all the ingredient in your food processor and mix until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Roll into a walnut size ball and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly press a thump into the center of each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- To make the frosting, combine the apple shreds and the coconut butter. Scoop a small amount into the center of each cookie.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.