So I’m back in the sugar saddle, so to speak. Friday, I started working on this recipe thinking I was going to make a pecan pie and low and behold it transforms into a bar recipe. The first thing I noticed when I took my first bite was oh MAMA I missed sugar. The second thing I noticed was a strong craving to eat the whole pan of bars.
After I tasted enough to make sure that this recipe was delicious, I cut it into squares and put it in the freezer. This is huge for me because in the past, I would have gone with my first urge and eaten half the pan while fighting off Mr. Bejelly and Little.
I am not messing about and I am going to hit my fitness goal by my anniversary. I bought a pair of goal pants and when I hit my goal I’m going sashay like Oprah did when she went on liquid fast diet and lost 67 lbs. Right now my plan of attack is lower carb, watching my calories and doing T-Tapp.
- 1 cup sweet mashed potatoes, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon power
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup B grade maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 /4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup pecans
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup palm Shortening
- 2 tablespoon B grade maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl combine the sweet potatoes, coconut flour, spices, coconut oil and eggs and blend.
- Fold in the pecans and put into a greased 8" x 8" baking dish in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes at 350 degrees
- Let cool completely
- To make the frosting, whip the palm shortening, vanilla and maple syrup together until completely blended.
- Frost the bars and enjoy!
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website