Today I’m happy to introduce you to Meghan the blogger behind Just Enjoy Food. She has cooked up a simple easy recipe for you that I know you are going to love. Please take a minute and visit her site and see what other amazing things she shares.”
Hi foodie friends. I’m Meghan and I am the creator and blogger at Just Enjoy Food . It is truly an honor to share a recipe with you on A Girl Worth Saving. I have always been a foodie. Now before blogs were popular I used to comb Food Network for recipes that sounded good, would make them healthier, and stick them in a 3 ring binder (with organized tabs by meal type) for future use. As much as I loved my homemade cookbook, I love so much more all of the amazing blogs are available and truly healthy recipes are just a click away. When I started to find blogs to follow I found Kelly and A Girl Worth Saving. I loved her recipes, her photos (which I’m sure we all can relate to) and seriously everything about her blog. So to have a recipe that I get to feature and share with you… I feel so lucky! I hope you enjoy it and I hope that it can become a recipe you bookmark, print or stick in a 3-ring binder of your own.
I think we are all in agreement when I say that I say there is something special about quick and easy weeknight dinners. I actually really enjoy spending good amounts of time in my kitchen prepping food and creating healthy dishes. But often the hurried pace of life doesn’t allow me to be in the kitchen as much as I would like. I know you can relate to days or weeks like that. This shredded BBQ chicken is a quick and easy crockpot recipe that is healthy and you can count on as a go-to dinner recipe.
I love BBQ and I love anything slathered in BBQ sauce. When I switched to eating real food and no refined sugars I threw out a lot of my favorite condiments. Take a look at 99% of the BBQ sauces you can buy at the store and you will quickly notice the first ingredient is going to be high fructose corn syrup or an added sugar of some variety. BBQ sauces are loaded with sugar and aren’t something that will build health and healing in our bodies. When I threw out my condiments I could cut out ketchup easily and switch to using mustard. But I couldn’t get over the fact that my beloved BBQ sauce was kicked to the curb. I have to say it took a long time to find a BBQ sauce I loved, but I finally made one and on top of tasting good, it’s easy to make (done in 30 minutes). My Primal BBQ Sauce has a thick tomato base with amazing tomato flavor, a little smokiness and also a little sweetness. You can find my Peach BBQ Sauce recipe HERE
This recipe for BBQ chicken is as easy as it comes. You only need two ingredients: PeachBBQ sauce and boneless, skinless free-range chicken breasts. Feel free to use chicken thighs too because they will work out just as well.
Crockpot Shredded BBQ ChickenPrint
- 4 boneless skinless organic free-range chicken breasts
- 2 cups Peach BBQ Sauce recipe HERE
- In a crockpot place the chicken breasts at the bottom and cover with the primal BBQ sauce. Using a spatula or large spoon stir together so the BBQ sauce fully coats the chicken breasts. When you are done mixing make sure the chicken breasts are laying flat at the bottom of the crockpot so they cook evenly
- Turn the crockpot on high for 4 hours. After 4 hours the chicken is done and is ready to shred. If you are not home you can set the crockpot on low for 6 hours. My crockpot goes to warm after the time is done so I will set it on high for 4 hours and let it warm until I am ready for the chicken
- Once the chicken is done shred the chicken in the crockpot with two forks. The chicken will shred very easily and the BBQ sauce will completely mix together with the chicken for the perfect shredded BBQ chicken