This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Until last year I had never heard the term Low FODMAP (Fermentable Oligo-Di-Monosaccharides and Polyols) and didn’t realize how powerful it was at helping to heal irritable bowl syndrome. FODMAPS are the carbs (sugars) found in food however all carbs are not FODMAPS, confusing, I know. By eliminating these foods from your diet you can reduce your digestive issues by 80%.
My friend Suzanne from Strands of My Life put herself on the protocol and healed herself. As a cook and writer, she started running into not finding meal ideas and recipes centered around the diet so she created a book that helps suffers with meal plans and recipes.
- A detailed list of foods you can and can not eat.
- How to test if you are sensitive to them.
- The signs and symptoms of FODMAPS and an explanation of the intolerance.
- 10 different menus
- 40 delicious recipes from carrot cake to Pesto Polenta tapas.
Suzanne is selling this book with life changing information for less than $20 and if you suffer from digestive issues, this might the final ticket that gives you relief!
She has been also kind enough to let me share one of the tasty recipes from her book. This recipe for Coconut Banana Cookies is simply delicious and so easy to make. I know that you’ll love it as much as I did.
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon power
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup coconut
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients, oil, banana, sugar in a food processor.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor to a bowl and add the coconut.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on an oven tray.
- Drop bog spoonfuls of dough onto the paper and shape them into circles.
- Bake about 10 minutes until they are golden but still soft.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray for half and hour so they firm up a little.
Suzanne is sponsoring a giveaway for one copy of her book. Enter below via the rafflecopter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway