This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
So I’m going share a “Kelly Moment with” you. A long time ago, in a galaxy far way I was a 19-year-old who decided become a vegetarian. I started by declaring to my friends that I was going to stop eating beef and only eat chicken and fish. That all went well until I went to the local diner and order chicken fried steak and after I had polished it off, my friend Tora asked me how the beef tasted. Yeah. I totally did that and it goes to show how little I knew about food at that time.
Paleo Chicken Fried steak has been on my to do list for a while and this recipe is the perfect gluten-free indulgence. A tip: Eat this hot out of the pan. If you try to leave this on warm in the oven the bottom of it will get a little, well, gooey.
- 1/4 cup bacon grease
- 1 lb cubed steak cutlets
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream or full fat coconut milk
- In a skillet over medium heat add the bacon grease.
- Combine the tapioca flour, sea salt and garlic powder in a paper bag and shake to combine.
- Crack the two large eggs into a large bowl and beat.
- Take the cubbed steak and, piece by piece, dip the steak in the flour mixture, then place in the egg wash and place back into the flour mixture for a final coat.
- Place the coated steak in the bacon grease and fry until golden brown, roughly 4 -5 minutes per side and flip and repeat.
- Once all the steaks have been fried, place the HWC or coconut milk into the pan and whisk with the drippings until you have a gravy, roughly 1 minute.
© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.