June 10, 2014   By Kelly Bejelly

paleo keto desserts

Two weeks ago, when I was squeezing myself into a pair of jeans, I happened to catch a glance in the mirror.   I notice my skin looked rather blah and I had  tell tale rashes  on my hands and arms from all the nuts I had been eating while making the book.    Of course, I also saw that my pants looked stretched and unhappy from the abuse I was trying to foster on them.  Sigh.  My name is Kelly and I have a sweet tooth.

I decided then and there it was time to go back to my low carb ways and banish my keg permanently.    I have been slowly lowering my carb intake each week (no way is heck I’m going to deal with that low carb flu nastiness) and holy smokes my energy level has been through the roof.  I’m actually exercising because if I don’t,  I feel like a wound up toy.

Again, you saw my earlier declaration and I just can not imagine my life without sweets.   Seriously, not going to happen.  Anyhow, I searched high and low for paleo Keto desserts that didn’t have ton of weirdo ingredients in them and found these 15 to keep me happy as I start this new journey.

Coconut Chocolate Bars

Easy Chocolate Keto Paleo Gelatin Pudding

Coconut oil candies

Cinnamon Bun Fat Bomb Bars

Lemon Vanilla Meltaways

Whipped Coconut Cream with Berries

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice-Cream

Chocolate Hot Cross Buns

Lemon Curd

Lemon Poppy Seed Ice Cream

Mom’s Texas Brownies

Bulletproof Coffee Drops (you can add some cinnamon and stevia to make it sweet)

Lime-tastic Tarts

Brownie Cheesecake

Coconut-Cocoa-Macadamia Smoothie

Mint Chip Pudding

• June 10, 2014 at 9:27 am

Thanks for including my cheesecake. It’s not exactly paleo, but it’s definitely Keto!

• June 10, 2014 at 12:15 pm

I totally eat dairy so I had to include your awesome recipe!

• June 10, 2014 at 12:00 pm

Hey, Kelly! Thanks for the link love. Nice choice, too. I LOVE that recipe. Congrats on finishing your book, by the way. Really looking forward to reading it! 🙂

• Jenee
    June 10, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Chocolate hot cross buns sends me to lemon curd.

• June 10, 2014 at 7:48 pm

You had me at desserts! I am looking forward to reading your book.
    It is time for me to enter the sharing circle, and introduce myself by saying, “Hi. I am Jeanae, and I have a sweet tooth, too.”

• Nikko
    June 11, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Some of these sound very tasty, thanks for posting. Why do you get rashes from eating nuts?

• Erin l
      June 11, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Yes, I’d love to know this as well! I’ve been super itchy lately (thought it was just seasonal allergies), but we’ve been eating more cashews lately (because of dairy allergies). I noticed my daughter has had a rash today as well!! Please, do tell!! 🙂

• Pam
        June 24, 2014 at 9:27 pm

I believe I am somewhat allergic to cashews as well. Please pay attention to this! My mother was allergic to walnuts to the point that her throat would swell up.

• Rachel Kesselem
    June 12, 2014 at 11:19 am

Hi there!

I, too, am in the middle of a bodily reminder that I have not been eating what my body needs. I’ve been having nuts (craving them, actually! whew, must reevaluate where I’m getting my mag/fats/manganese), and more grains than I have in the past 3 months….just oats and white rice (I have autoimmune issues like whoa, so white rice is actually more of a gut-friendly option for me than brown/hull-in-tact rice options).

Anyway. You said you’re slowly weening yourself back into low-carb. May I ask how you’re going about this -what you’re “cutting out” each day or week, etc.? Low-carb isn’t great for some, but for me, I know my body needs it and thrives in that environment. But I can’t afford the low-carb flu!!! I know we share that same dread haha. Any thoughts, suggestions or tips?

Thanks! Sorry for the verbose comment….I also haven’t gotten rid of my morning cup of black coffee, obviously ;P

• June 12, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Hi Rachel 🙂 Well, I stopped eating all nuts and seeds since I have issues with them. Then I basically just started eating half the amount of carbs each day – sweet potato, plantains, etc. I kinda had a “relapse” as I was working on a brownie recipe but I’m back on track. I will never be under 20g of carbs a day and will shoot to be between 50 – 80g 🙂

• Pam
        June 24, 2014 at 9:32 pm

I too have a sweet tooth. Last fall I started fermenting my own sauerkraut and my craving for sugar has totally disappeared! My doctor told me that magnesium will quell my interst in chocolate. You might see if these tips will help you. Did I mention that I have lost 22 pounds? Low carb and nutrient-dense foods are working for me!

• June 25, 2014 at 6:27 am

Congrats Pam! I will have to try more fermented foods 🙂 I take a daily magnesium supplement 🙂

• June 13, 2014 at 12:12 pm

These desserts all sound so yummy. I really want to try the lemon vanilla meltaways.

• June 17, 2014 at 5:50 pm

Hi Kelly! Awe, thanks for including me in your most fabulous keto treat roundup. You picked my favorite treat!
    🙂 Stacey

• Samantha Smith
    April 28, 2015 at 8:39 am

Thanks for sharing some great dessert ideas, I can’t wait to try the coconut oil candies!

Could you please share the recipe for the Creamy Coco-Nutty Coffee Latte, when I click on the link it says it isn’t found. I tried to search for it on Pinterest as well and got the same results the pics come up but when you click to see the full recipe it’s not found.

• May 18, 2015 at 7:42 am

Thanks for letting me know Samantha. Sadly, it looks like her site is gone but I’ve updated the post with two more recipes to enjoy 🙂

• October 6, 2016 at 7:03 am

I am the same as you, Kelly— I can’t get enough of sweets! However, my husband and I are trying to both get healthier together, so we’re trying to get more healthy alternatives. I’ll be sure to keep these recipes around, but I don’t think I have the time to make them! Maybe I’d be better off finding a paleo dessert to buy instead of make.

• October 10, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Dark chocolate is quick and easy to eat hun!