It’s pitch black and you’ve just woken up with your heart pounding and without looking at the clock, you know it’s 3 a.m.
You can’t remember the last time you slept through the night and as you lay there, you wonder when you will be able to fall back asleep . . .
If this is you, one of the key signs of hormonal imbalance and blood sugar dysregulation is waking up between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m.
These wake ups are caused by an imbalance of the stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline. If you want to have a proper good night’s sleep, it’s useful to follow bedtime rituals suggested by InsideBedroom
Strangely enough the ingredients in this simple sleep drink recipe, sugar and salt, work as a natural solution for middle-of-the-night wake ups.
These two ingredients help keep your stress hormones in check. Sugar tells your body to shut down production of the stress hormones that keep you awake at night. Salt helps maintain adrenaline levels so they don’t spike out of control.
This is only one of the few gems of information in the book Quit PMS by my friend Lauren from Empowered Sustenance.
As women, it seems like we are always in the middle of some hormonal tornado, however, there is hope for those of you who suffer from debilitating cramps and raging mood swings.
While the above image, might make you giggle, 42 million women suffer from painful menstruation and point blank:
Periods aren’t supposed to suck. Our wise, wonderful bodies know that. That’s why, when given the correct tools and building blocks, our hormones fall into equilibrium and PMS disappears.
And that is a wonderful thing.
– Lauren Geertsen
- How to hack your hormones to end cramping, bloating, weight gain and moodiness.
- Why dieting is one of the worse things you can do and how a low fat diet can make PMS worse.
- The top 8 Superfoods found in almost every pantry that balances hormones
- Simple ways to detox your body to remove excess estrogen (HINT: Raw carrot is much more than a healthy snack)
- Why intense exercise is one of the worse things you can do for your hormonal health.
- What supplements to use when you are not seeing changes and want to boost your results.
- 35 Hormonal Healing Recipes
- And so much more!
If you’re ready to Quit PMS, this guide will walk you through each and every step to finally give you sweet relief. This weekl only if you use the code “agirlworthsaving” you can save 20% off the price.
Salt + Sugar Mix
- 5 Tablespoons of Coconut sugar or Rapadura
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- Pour the mixture into a small glass jar and shake. Cover with a lid.
- Keep this by your bedside with a glass of water and a spoon.
- When you wake up in the middle of the night take a small spoonful, you really only need a pinch, mix with the water and drink.
- Note: You can also take a small pinch and skip the water if you would like.