I am a sucker for a good banana bread recipe and when I had the chance to make this Paleo Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread recipe from Juli Bauer, from PaleOMG, and George Byrant’s, from Civilized Caveman Cooking, new cookbook The Paleo Kitchen, I said, “Heck Yeah!” And ya’ll it’s as good as it looks. Mine didn’t swirl as much because, I used frozen bananas and the dang chocolate hardened up when it hit the cold batter. My taste buds didn’t notice any difference and I ate two large slices before I begged my husband to hide it from me. It”s no surprise that two people as talented as Juli and George have created a cookbook filled with beauty photos and more importantly, delicious recipes. There are over 100 recipes in the book to keep your belly full and I really loved their section on shopping and cooking tips for the Paleo diet. I have never been one to mince words about how you can bust your budget on a real food diet and it was nice to see some helpful tips in the book.
No ifs, ands, or buts about it, you need to buy this book today!
I’m also happy to share that one lucky reader has a chance to win a copy of the book! Enter below via the rafflcopter!
For the banana bread:
- 4 medium bananas, about 1 /455 grams
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup grass fed butter, ½ stick/50 grams, melted
- ½ cup creamy Almond Butter, 125 grams
- ½ cup coconut flour, 60 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
For the swirl:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon power
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips, 3½ ounces/100 grams
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-by-5-inch (23-by-12-cm) metal loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the bananas, eggs, butter, and almond butter in a food processor or mixing bowl and mix well until the ingredients are well blended. Add the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and salt and mix together well.
- In a double boiler over medium-low heat, mix together the swirl ingredients until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the bread batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. As soon as you pour the batter, pour the chocolate swirl directly on top and use a knife to swirl the chocolate throughout the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes before serving.