Mayo + Bacon fat = Baconaisse aka the most flavorful mayo on earth.
This was a first for me and again, I had to ask myself why on earth I had not made this yet.
This recipe is one of the gems that you will find in the book Paleo By Season by Peter Servold. Peter is the mastermind and cook behind Pete’s Paleo recipes broken up by season and that breaks down so amazing cooking tips from a chef. You will not only fill your stomach with delicious recipes like Carrot Lemongrass Soup, Cherry Braised Lamb Shoulder, Pork Belly (to name a few) but learn how to butcher a chicken and filet a fish.
I also really love the large CSA directory where you can find local produce, seafood and grass-fed meats and support your local farmer.
This book is the perfect addition to your Paleo cookbook library and you should buy Paleo By Season today!
One lucky reader has the change to win a copy of Paleo By Season! Enter below via the Rafflecopter.
Baconnaise + Paleo By SeasonPrint
- Combine the bacon fat and oil in a one measuring cup and set aside.
- In a small metal bowl, use an immersion blender to blend (or whisk by hand) the egg yolks and whole egg until the mixture becomes milky white and frothy.
- When you see it change dramatically in color and texture, continue to mix a little longer. (this last bit of whisking is for added insurance, as it's at this stage that it's easy to stop blending too soon, and if the eggs are beaten enough, they cannot support the fat and emulsify into mayo.)
- Once the eggs are the desired consistency, begin to slowly add in the oil mixture.
- Continue to mix until all the oil is added, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and vinegar, and add more to taste as desired.