Paleo Lemon Bars

paleo lemon bars

I don’t know why I picked one of the hottest days in Portland to bake. Seriously it was 1000 degrees when I turned on my oven (which I just realized was a chilly 350 degrees).

I blame it on old age or the fact that this Paleo Lemon bars recipe was haunting me like a happy sugar ghost.

I seem to be a house full of haunts lately.

Anyhow, I was sweating and baking and I wasn’t 100% sure that this would turn out right so I ended up eating two huge slices with my son before I even thought to take photos.

paleo lemon bars

Yeah, it was one of those days. ย If you want to make it prettier you can grind up some coconut shreds and dust the top.

paleo lemon bars

Paleo Lemon Bars

Crust

Filling

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10" round baking pan and set aside.
  2. For the crust, combine the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and blend with a spoon until you have a dough.
  3. Press this dough in your baking dish and place in the oven and let bake for 15 minutes or a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
  4. Remove and set aside. Let cool completely. Leave the oven on.
  5. For the filling combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
  6. Pour this over the cooled crust and place in the oven and bake for 18 to 25 minutes until set.
  7. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting.

ยฉ 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

1. Mary August 8, 2014 at 5:33 pm

Love the lemon bars and I cheated, it said to wait until completely cool They were slightly warm and still tasted fantastic!

2. Sadie September 1, 2014 at 10:40 am

Yum!! I may “gaps diet” it up by subbing honey for the maple!!

Great recipe ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Kelly Bejelly September 1, 2014 at 3:28 pm

yes, that will totally work Sadie ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Valarie February 23, 2015 at 7:30 pm

I like to bake, but this is my first paleo recipe. I tried to make it for a paleo friend of mine. Unfortunately the recipe didn’t quite work out for me. I baked it at 350 and let it cool before adding the filling, but the crust never really solidified, it just stayed mushy. Any ideas what I might have done wrong?

1. Kelly Bejelly February 24, 2015 at 9:16 am

Hrmm. . . I would have let it baked a little longer. I’ll update the recipe to share that a toothpick should come out clean. Sorry hun!

4. carl March 1, 2015 at 3:24 pm

Crust came out totally mushy. Did you really make this? I’ve looked at other recipes to compare and the dry to liquid ratio is completely off. This recipe should be taken off the web and redone.

5. Chris Wynter April 9, 2015 at 1:08 pm

@Carl
    How rude. Did you use actual coconut flour or substitiute it with regulat flour, thinking “yeah that’ll do.” Yes, I’m certain Kelly made it just in her head, as that’s obviously going to save a lot of time and definitely won’t mess up her kitchen either. :]

I made it and it turned out very well! (I added a little more coconut flour until I got a nice dough.)

Thanks Kelly! x