I don’t know why I picked one of the hottest days in Portland to bake. Seriously it was 1000 degrees when I turned on my oven (which I just realized was a chilly 350 degrees).
I blame it on old age or the fact that this Paleo Lemon bars recipe was haunting me like a happy sugar ghost.
I seem to be a house full of haunts lately.
Anyhow, I was sweating and baking and I wasn’t 100% sure that this would turn out right so I ended up eating two huge slices with my son before I even thought to take photos.
Yeah, it was one of those days. If you want to make it prettier you can grind up some coconut shreds and dust the top.
Paleo Lemon BarsPrint
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10" round baking pan and set aside.
- For the crust, combine the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and blend with a spoon until you have a dough.
- Press this dough in your baking dish and place in the oven and let bake for 15 minutes or a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Remove and set aside. Let cool completely. Leave the oven on.
- For the filling combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour this over the cooled crust and place in the oven and bake for 18 to 25 minutes until set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting.
© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.