This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on October 16, 2019
I don’t know why I picked one of the hottest days in Portland to bake. Seriously it was 1000 degrees when I turned on my oven (which I just realized was a chilly 350 degrees).
I blame it on old age or the fact that this Paleo Lemon bars recipe was haunting me like a happy sugar ghost.
I seem to be a house full of haunts lately.
Anyhow, I was sweating and baking and I wasn’t 100% sure that this would turn out right so I ended up eating two huge slices with my son before I even thought to take photos.
Yeah, it was one of those days. If you want to make it prettier you can grind up some coconut shreds and dust the top.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup B grade maple syrup
- 6 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 cup B grade maple syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10" round baking pan and set aside.
- For the crust, combine the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and blend with a spoon until you have a dough.
- Press this dough in your baking dish and place in the oven and let bake for 15 minutes or a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Remove and set aside. Let cool completely. Leave the oven on.
- For the filling combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour this over the cooled crust and place in the oven and bake for 18 to 25 minutes until set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting.
© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.