Disclosure: This is a partnered post. All opinions are my own.
We are banana junkies in our house. I’m pretty sure that before my son turned one he had eaten through a ton of this well-loved fruit. When I heard that Dole is making it’s way across the country in their DOLE Bananas Peel the Love “Banana Cabana” Tour and that they would be in Portland from August 22nd to August 25th, the Little and I did a happy dance and ate a pound of bananas.
Ok, I didn’t do that but the Little did. They will be visiting over 26 cities across the country from Memorial Day through Labor Day and their stop in Portland is just kismet since Portlanders seems to have the biggest love to the yellow fruit compared to the rest of of the country.
Want to see when they will be in your area? Click the image to see the map sharing when and where they will be!
To celebrate the Bejelly’s love of banana’s and Dole’s whimsical and fun tour across the county and stop in Portland, Oregon, I decided to come up with this easy recipe for Paleo Banana Cream Popsicles!
- oz One 13.5 canned full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup B grade maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of Hydrolysate Gelatin
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large bananas
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a sauce pan over medium heat and then add the coconut milk, maple syrup, gelatin, vanilla extract and sea salt and whisk to combine and bring to a low boil.
- Remove from the stove and let cool.
- Slice the bananas into 1/2 discs and place in a bowl and then lightly toss to cover with the lemon juice.
- Place the banana slices in your popsicle molds and then pour in the milk mixture.
- Place the popsicles in the freezer for 4 hours or until completely solid.
- Remove from the freezer and to remove the popsicle from the mold, place it under warm running water from your faucet until you remove the popicle easily.
© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.