This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
I have been on a quest to make a Paleo Captain Crunch for a year and well, I’m coming up empty ya’ll. The dang recipe is alluding me so I’m taking a break from it and going to work on croissants.
Anyhow, I have managed to make a few spin off recipes and this Paleo Chex Cereal is one of them.
Sometimes the hardest part of the recipe is figuring out what the heck to name it. On my first bite, it tasted like Honey Bunches of Oats. Then it thought it was like Honey Grahams cereal.
After we were close to eating the entire batch, I thought of Chex and Mr. Bejelly and I finally agreed on the name.
Now this cereal is not thin and light. This is hardier and will be hard to stop eating.
We tore through this like the Little on a soup binge and my kiddo can eat a gallon of soup before giving up (his belly looks like a little Buddha also which is hilarious)
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces
- 2 tablespoons Tapioca Flour
- 3 tablespoons B grade maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In your food processor of blender, grind the cashews into a flour.
- Pour add in the rest of the ingredients and pulse until it forms a wet dough.
- Scrape the wet dough onto your parchment paper lined baking sheet and cover with a second piece of parchment paper.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/4 thick.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper and the score the cereal with a knife into small squares.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 8 to 10 minutes to crisp up before eating.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Saturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 5gSugar: 12gProtein: 6g
© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.