This is probably one of the few recipes that I have ever let my guys start eating before I took the photos. That was mistake as I had to go back to the store to buy all the ingredients so I could make them because they seriously ATE THEM ALL.
Yes, I had to giggle when I saw that this recipe said 8 servings. Yeah, not in the Bejelly household. I ate one the guys polished off the rest.
Now that I’ve shared how incredible this recipe is, I also have to share how blown away I was by the Sarah Ballantyne’s new book, The Paleo Approach Cookbook. If you are following a Paleo Autoimmune diet, you need this cookbook. Just buy it now. It is filled s so many incredible recipes that I never would have thought you could eat on the diet. If recipes like Lobster bisque, Bacon-apple chicken burgers with Maple Cranberry Sauce, Pork Pad Thai and Maple Shortbread Cookies don’t tempt you, I don’t know what will.
Every single recipe has tips, tricks and a the complete nutritional facts. Seriously. There are 2.09 mg of Vitamin E in the Maple Shortbread Cookies.
Sarah didn’t just stop at amazing recipes, there is also some great information about what to eat, how to budget and a discussion on the gray areas. I can’t say enough how anyone would benefit from the cookbook so buy it today!
One lucky person has a change to win a copy of this incredible paleo cookbook. Enter below via the rafflecopter.
- 2 ripe plantains, peeled
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon power
- 2 tablespoons to 4 coconut oil
- Mash the plantains in a bowl with a fork or a wire potato masher (the fritters taste better if you leave some lumps and don't overmash). Add the grated apple and cinnamon and mix to combine.
- Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Drop heaping spoonfuls of the plantain batter into the pan and flatten with the back of a spoon. The fritters should be 2 to 3 inced in diameter, at about the same size as your spatula; otherwise they can be tricky to flip. Depending on the size of the your skillet, you may have to cook the fritters in batches.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown on the bottom. Add a little extra coconut oil if the fitters absorb it all. If they are browning too fast, turn down the heat.
- Carefully flip the fritters and cook for 7 to 8 minutes on the other side. Again, add a little extra coconut oil if the fritters absorb it all. Enjoy!