Pizza. I don’t know a single person who does not love it and I know for those on the Paleo Autoimmune diet, it has to be tough to give it up. Well, think again.
When flipping through the pages of Mediterranean Paleo Cooking by Caitlin Weeks, Nabil Boumrar, and Diane Sanfilipio, I was seriously impressed by the variety of delicious recipes and how each recipe has a easy chart sharing allergen/dietary restriction. You will find recipes that are aip-friendly, low FODMAP, low carb and so much more inside this gem of a book.
Just a few of the recipes that caught my eye are the strawberry coffee cake, paleo moussaka, paleo pasta and creme caramel. But of course, it was the aip pizza crust that called to me like a siren.
I’m going to say buy this book today! Seriously, you’re going to get over 150 recipes, two 30-day meal plans and a helpful shopping list. Also, one lucky winner will get a copy of this book so scroll to the bottom and enter below!
Now back to that aip pizza crust, I decided to get a little fun with the toppings and it turned out just delicious! I know that you will love it as much as I did!
AIP Pizza Crust + Mediterranean Paleo CookingPrint
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the hot water and gelatin in a small, heatproof bowl. Stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the tapioca, coconut flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add the fat to the flour mixture and mix well. Add the vinegar and gelatin water to the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Set the dough on the lined baking sheet and press it into a circle that's about 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes and remove from the oven. Add toppings of choice and bake for 15 more minutes, until golden brown.
Now for my fun toppings! Mango, Pancetta and mint. It kinda sounds crazy but wow, the flavor combination is yummy.
Pancetta, Mango + MintPrint
- 10 oz frozen mango
- 1 cup water
- 6 slices of pancetta
- 2 teaspoons fresh diced mint
- Place the frozen mango and water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium and simmer and cook for 25 minutes until the mango is completely soft.
- You can either mash or place in a food processor until smooth.
- Take your pizza crust and top with 1 cup of mango sauce (store the rest), the slices of pancetta and half of the mint.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Top with the remaining mint and serve immediately.