This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
When I was checking out at the grocery store, the clerk and I started chatting about plantains. She asked me how to cook them and I told her that most of the time I just fry them up in butter on low until they are browned. We then got into a discussion on butter and I won’t bore you with the details.
I love plantains. They are so versatile and make the perfect snack or side for dinner.
I was thinking of a simple paleo autoimmune breakfast side when I created these easy bacon plantain fritters.
Mr. Bejelly and the Little loved them so much that he told me I could make them anytime I felt like it so don’t mind the that it’s simple, this dish is pretty darn delicious.
- 4 strips bacon, diced
- 2 large ripe plantains, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon power
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy, roughly 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the cooked bacon bits from the pan and add to the mashed plantains.
- Add in the spices and mix until well combined.
- With a large spoon, scoop the batter and place in the skillet and shape into a 3 inch fitter in the skillet.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes and then flip and repeat