One of the complaints I hear the most from people new to the grain-free lifestyle, is how to feed their family. It’s pretty darn tough to get kids to give up their treats and favorites from the past but thankfully Carrie Vitt’s new book “The Grain-Free Family Table” includes fun recipes like squash macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese and cookies.
However, when browsing through her beautiful cookbook, I was transfixed by her Zinger recipes. How genius is stuffing apricots with jalapenos and wrapping them in bacon? You can see from my photo below that I didn’t use the toothpicks and it still worked wonderfully.
Inside the Grain-Free Family Table are a diverse range of recipes for everything from pie crust and homemade nut butter to Pork Carnitas Breakfast Crepe Tacos and Grain-Free Biscuits, Avocado with Mango-Shrimp Salsa, Roasted Garlic Alfredo with Chicken and Vegetables, and Cauliflower “Fried Rice.”
In addition to sources for healthy ingredients, time-saving ideas, health tips, and 100 easy grain-free recipes, there are also variations to create more restrictive Paleo or Primal recipes.
Don’t forget to grab your copy here!
One lucky reader has the chance to win a copy of their own! Enter below:
Zingers + The Grain-Free Family TablePrint
- 20 dried apricots
- 20 slices jarred jalapeno
- 7 slices bacon cut into thirds
- 20 strong toothpicks
- Preheat the oven to 400 and adjust the rack to the middle positions. Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Using a pairing knife, cut a slice horizontally down an apricot. Cut almost but not all the way through, so that it will open like a book.
- Place a jalapeno slice inside te apricot, wrap the apricot in a piece of the cut bacon, secure it with a toothpick, and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Using a pair of tongs, flip the zingers and bake for 10 minutes more, or until the bacon is golden brown. Serve immediately.
For the main entry, share one thing you learned about my cookbook in the comments.
- Tweet the following message “#Enter to #win a copy of @CarrieVitt ‘s the-grain-free family table from @agirlworthsavin #paleo #glutenfree ”
- Repin this Paleo Christmas Guide – Leave your pin url in a comment.
Contest is open to US Residents, 18 yrs and older. The contest will run from November 23, 2012 to 9:00 AM Pacific Time to December 12, 2012 9:00 PM Pacific Time. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours from the notification to claim the prize. If the winner does not claim the prize in 48 hours a new winner will be selected.