This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Lately, I’ve been feeling a call back to a lower carb diet. Now when I say lower carb, I mean eating between 50 grams to 80 grams of carbs a day. I’ve never felt great on Keto or Ultra Low Carb so this is my sweet spot where I feel great and lose weight. I’m going to start sharing more “cleaner” recipes that are still fun and lower in carbs so I thought it would be good to kick it off with this low carb breakfast recipe for crepes.
Now it’s time to talk about the elephant in the room, Stevia. My past experience Stevia was NASTY. However, my Naturopath managed to convince me to try Protocol Stevia and I swear beams of light fell onto the jar when I pulled it out of the box. It is the only Stevia I have ever tried that was not gross.
I used it in this recipe and it provides a very light sweet flavor that paired well with the blueberry cream cheese filling. You could of course fill these low carb crepes with meats or spread them thick with butter and sprinkle on extra cinnamon.
On a side note, one of my favorite herbs of all time is cinnamon and I’ve been reading up on this spice. It has some secrets that surprised me as I start researching more.
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil plus 2 tablespoons for cooking
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon power
- 3 drops Protocol stevia
Blueberry cream cheese filling
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon power
- 8 ounce full fat cream cheese
- To make the crepes combine the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium. Lightly coat with coconut oil. Add 1/3 cup batter. Cook until underside of crepe is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Loosen edge of crepe with a rubber spatula, then quickly flip. Cook 1 minute more. Slide crepe out of skillet and repeat with remaining batter. (Coat pan with coconut as needed.)
- To keep crepes warm set in an oven at 200 degrees until ready to eat.
- To make the blueberry cream cheese filling place the blueberries, water and seasonings in small pot over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Lower and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Add in the cream cheese and mix with a spoon mix until the mixture is smooth. Remove from the stove and set aside.
- Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of the blueberry filling on each crepe down the center. Take one side of the crepe and roll it over the filling and continue rolling until you have a tube.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Saturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
Crepes Nutritional Info: Serving Size 2 Crepes | 232 calories | 2.44 carbs | 1.37 Fiber
Blueberry Cream Cheese Filling: Serving Size 2 tablespoons | 108 calories | 4 carbs | 0 Fiber