This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Ok, this is weird to admit, but I didn’t think this Paleo Raspberry Mug Cake recipe would actually turn into a cake. When I took my first bite, I was thinking it would be like a mousse and instead it was exactly how a cake should be; moist, dense and rich. Even better it was done in a matter of minutes.
This recipe is one of the gems in the book Paleo Meal Planning on a Budget. However, the real magic in the book is the four weeks of meal plans and two different prep plans. If you really want to learn how to save money on the Paleo diet then this book is a must in your arsenal. You will get delicious budget friendly recipes, meal plans and an inside look on how to coupon.
For less than $16, this book is a steal. The money that you will save after purchasing this book will pay for itself in the first week. So what I’m tell you us to buy it now!
Now I couldn’t tease you with the photo without actually sharing the recipe. I don’t use a microwave so I baked mine up in my oven and it still took less than 15 minutes.
- 1 larg egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Superfine Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons B grade maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons to 2 frozen raspberries
- In a microwave safe mug, add your egg and beat it well
- Add your coconut and almond flour and mix well with a fork.
- Add the rest of your ingredients. When it comes to the frozen raspberries, use your fingers to break them up and mix well.
- Cook in the microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, or until everything is set. I might still look a little "wet" on top, but that's totally dine - it just from the frozen raspberries.