When my friend Kelly from The Nourishing Home sent me her book, I knew that I should not have flipped though it was hungry. Big mistake because my stomach started screaming like an 80s rock band. I didn’t know what to make first, seriously, I was considering making everything but finally reason won out and I decided to make a batch of her Paleo Southern Biscuits.
These babies are just light and delicious and I ended up smothering mine in butter. I had some with eggs and bacon and it reminded me the big Sunday breakfasts that my family and I used to enjoy growing up.
This book is a must buy with more than 100 irresistible recipes, Everyday Grain-Free Baking teaches you how easy it is to create grain-free, dairy-free versions of all your favorite baked goods.
From breads, biscuits and muffins to savory snacks and decadent treats, you’ll find step-by-step instructions, beautiful color photographs and helpful tips & tidbits to make all of your GF baking adventures a delicious success!
- 2½ cups Superfine Blanched Almond Flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter and honey until smooth. Add the coconut milk, eggs, and apple cider vinegar, whisking together until well combined.
- Using a spoon, stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop a large spoonful of batter into your hands and gently roll into a ball about the size of an apricot; repeat until you’ve made 8. Place the dough balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet two inches apart and gently flatten using the palm of your hand. (If dough is too sticky, refrigerate for about 15 minutes before rolling into balls and flattening.)
- Bake about 15 minutes, until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Serve warm with a drizzle of raw honey or homemade jam.
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll find in Everyday Grain-Free Baking:
- More than 100 delicious, easy-to-make recipes that are gluten-free, grain-free starch-free, refined-sugar-free and dairy-free, or contain dairy-free options.
- My Journey to Healing is Kelly’s personal story shared to inspire those suffering from chronic illnesses that there is hope!
- Why Bake Grain-Free? outlines the many benefits of grain-free baking.
- Strategies for Maximizing Success features Kelly’s personal tips for ensuring that all of your grain-free baking adventures receive rave reviews!
- My Grain-Free Kitchen includes an overview of the key ingredients that make grain-free baking a success, as well as recommendations for helpful baking essentials.
- Tips & Tidbits and Recipe Variations are included throughout the book to make each recipe a snap – and provide you with even more options for making amazing grain-free baked goods that taste just like traditional favorites!