Who doesn’t love muffins for Breakfast? I’ve been dreaming about this Paleo Blueberry Muffins recipe for some time and it wasn’t until my friend Stacy from Paleo Gone Sassy threw a paleo muffin swap that I got off my tush and started baking.
First, this is the first time I’ve used Cassava flour and it is like 180 degrees different from tapioca flour. I would consider it more similar to a tradition wheat flour. When I was creating the recipe, I made it 3 times and each time it came out a tad different due to the uniqueness of the Cassava flour. The batter needs to be like pancake batter to come out correct so please note the instructions in the recipe.
Mr. Bejelly said the flavor reminded him of the cereal Buckwheat’s.
Paleo Blueberry MuffinsPrint
- 1 cup Superfine Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon power
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup B grade maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 12 liners.
- In a large mixing bowl add in the dry ingredient and stir with a spoon until well combined.
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix with a spoon until you have a wet batter similar to a pancake batter. If it is not liquid, add more water 1/4 cup at a time until you have this consistency.
- The fold in the blueberries with spoon.
- Drop the batter into the lined muffin pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
© 2011-2015, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.