This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on April 26, 2020
This is a partnered conversation
I’ve had a big girl crush on Grocery Outlet for almost as long as Mr. Bejelly and I have been married. One, I love saving money. Two, I really love saving money on the Paleo diet. I’ve found killer deals every single time I’ve gone in, from Simple Mill baking mixes (yes! Can you believe it?!) to Goat Milk Soap in their NOSH section (Natural, Organic, Specialty, and Health foods). They are able to offer high-end, name-brand products at a fraction of the price because they buy overstock items and products with packaging changes.
Every year they have a huge wine sale where you can save an extra 20% off their everyday low prices. I stock up every year and get wine to give as gifts and for special dinners because hello, I can save up to 80% off their normal retail prices! The wine sale starts on March 31 and ends on Saturday, April 4.
To celebrate the wine sale, I thought it would be fun to make some purple chicken. It’s a silly name I came up with because the chicken changes color when you marinate it in red wine. I paired it with basil to create a savory Basil Chicken recipe that makes the perfect dinner.
- 1 Ilb of chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1/2 cup of avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 cup packed of basil leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
- In a glass bowl, add the cut chicken strips and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the marinade ingredients and whisk.
- Pour this over the chicken and cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To make the pesto, add the basil, garlic and avocado oil to a food processor and pulse until the basil is completely chopped.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and then add in the chicken (discard the marinade) and cook until the chicken in firm, roughly 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add in the pesto and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- To serve, place the basil chicken over the zucchini noodles.
Seriously, if you want to enjoy healthy foods while sticking to your budget, you need to go to Grocery Outlet today. Follow them on Instagram to see some of the amazing bargains!
This post is sponsored by Grocery Outlet. I only share with you my honest opinions and brands that I love.