What is it about paleo biscuits slathered in butter and homemade jelly that make my knees go weak.
This recipe was totally an accident. I simply didn’t have enough flour to make my go to recipe and so I just hodge podged together and mama, it came out smoking good. Crusty on the outside and soft in the middle, even Mr. Bejelly thought it was just liked the biscuits he grew up eating.
You might be looking at this and wondering why the biscuits are yellow. The pastured egg yolks truly shined through in this one gave it a beautiful golden glow.
I love happy accidents like this and it’s one of my favorite things about Paleo baking. It’s scientific and art and mothering all in one and why I love to bake. It’s crazy that I never was a baker before I went Paleo but once I gave up grains, I seriously missed the comfort of bread. It you want to learn more of my paleo baking tips and tricks, check out my online class here.
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon.
- Add in the butter and eggs and mix with a spoon until combined.
- Let the batter sit for 1 minute to let the coconut flour thicken.
- The batter will be slightly wet but you should be able to grab a piece and shape it into a 1 to 2" ball.
- Drop the biscuit onto the parchment paper and place in the oven and let bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
© 2011-2015, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.