I was wondering through the isles of my neighborhood grocery store and discovered they sold unsweetened Banana chips fried in coconut oil. Seriously, I almost did a cartwheel when I saw these and grabbed a bag.
When I got home I immediately started trying to create a fun snack mix. I initially thought that I would use cayenne but I didn’t have any (I hate to admit it that my spice rack is like a hoarder den). Anyhow, I did have some chipotle and voila, this Honey Chipotle Snack Mix was born.
Honey Chipotle Snack MixPrint
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large pot, add the spices, honey butter and water and whisk until combined.
- Remove from the heat and then add in the pecans and banana chips and toss with a spoon until completely coated.
- Pour nuts onto the parchment paper and pour any excess over the top but most of it will have been soaked up by the nuts and banana chips.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes and let cool for 20 to 30 minutes before diving in.