Do you love a good snack bar? I know I do. There’s just something about being able to grab a protein bar in between meals or when you don’t have time to eat; especially if that bar is delicious.
Unfortunately though, most snack bars are very expensive and/or have questionable ingredients like sugar or soy. And half of them taste terrible. Solve all of those problems by whipping up a batch of these yummy bars!
These bars are sweetened only with dried strawberries, and they are full of healthy fats and fiber from coconut and cashews. Adding an extra punch of nutrition is the pastured collagen peptides, which is gelatin that has been broken down just a bit so that it doesn’t turn your snack bars to jello. It’s amazing for the hair, skin, and nails, and it’s a great way to balance out a diet of muscle meat proteins.
- I use Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides because they are grass-fed.
- Use dried strawberries that are soft; not freeze-dried. I used Steve’s Paleo Goods brand.
- Use large flake coconut (“coconut chips”), not finely ground macaroon coconut.
Paleo Strawberries and Cream Collagen BarsPrint
- In a food processor, combine the coconut and cashews. Process until a smooth butter forms, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the strawberries and process until combined.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in remaining ingredients (will be thick).
- Press into a glass 8”x8” baking dish. Freeze until set but not frozen.
- Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.